Sunday 7 June 2015

SUNDAY POST #1

This week, I started this blog. It was a result of both procrastination from my final assignments and a desire to get out of my gross reading slump (I hadn't been able to read anything in May). So I decided to start a blog to encourage myself to read, and to get back into the 'know' of the book community.

I had previously been book blogging on Tumblr, but I felt that platform wasn't appropriate for what I wanted to do. So here I am instead :)

This week, however, has otherwise been largely uneventful for me. I have worked five days this week (today included), and in my spare time, I've been scrambling to finish writing my last two essays of the semester. I managed to satisfy the word count for each of them last night, and so now I just need to review and edit them before I submit them for marking tomorrow afternoon. And then, I will finally be DONE with the semester!! (It has been a long, hard and gruelling semester; I am so keen to see it gone.)

I have also managed to read one book thus far – The Dark Space by Mary Ann Rivers and Ruthie Knox. And I will summarise it in one word: disappointing. I had expected this book to be amazing (it was co-authored by one of my favourite writers, Knox), but it was so ridiculously awful that I couldn't rate it anything more than one star. If you're interested in hearing about how disappointing this book was, you can find my review here.

Following that read, I decided I should go back to trying some young adult fiction, as this is always reliable for providing quality stories. So I picked up All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, and I'm about 26 pages in. I don't really have any thoughts yet, as it is way too early for that, but I do enjoy the contrast in narration styles so far. It might take a little time for me to appreciate Finch's sarcastic narration, while Violet's is much more approachable and I feel like I know her so well already. I've heard that this book is a heartbreaking read, so I'm preparing myself for ALL THE FEELS!

And that is pretty much everything that has happened to me in terms of books and reading. In other news, I am itching to finally move out of home. I almost have enough money saved for a home loan deposit, but then I would need to find the right town to live in (thinking about future job, etc), and who I would ask to live with me to cover the weekly mortgage. *sigh* Oh,the joys of becoming an adult.

AndthereisalsothisboywhohasbeentalkingtomealotthesepastfewweeksandIamreallystartingtolikehimbutIhavenoideahowtomovethingsalong.

And with that, I will end this post ;) Hope you're all having a fantastic week! Let me know what you've been up to in the comments below. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment