Wednesday 30 September 2015

WRAP UP: September 2015

September is birthday month for me, but it's also the busiest in terms of university. ALL THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE DUE IN SEPTEMBER! Which means very little time for reading, but I did manage to squeeze in two books whilst studying procrastinating ;)

Beautiful Disaster

by Jamie McGuire
I received this book as a birthday gift from my best friend, and so I wanted to love it, but it turned out to be a huge trainwreck of a book. There was nothing positive about this book, and it truly baffles me that so many readers love this book. It read like fanfiction, with abusive high school students who somehow ended up in university.

My Rating: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ // Full Review

Only Ever Yours

by Louise O'Neill
This was a very confronting and difficult read, but one that I'm glad I finished. Louise O'Neill quickly made herself one of my favourite authors with this book, because she offers such a sharp, clever and insightful feminist critique on beauty culture, eating disorders and mental illness. This is a book destined to become a modern classic.

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ // Full Review


I'm also currently reading Chasing Paper Cranes by Courtney Peppernell, a book that I had hoped to finish this month, but I think I fell into a reading slump, so I've been reading this one very slowly. I'm enjoying it so far, but there are also elements of this book that I'm not a fan of... which I'll talk about more in my wrap up next month!

I hope you had a more productive reading month than me, and I'll see you tomorrow with my TBR for October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment