Tuesday 29 September 2015

BOOK HAUL: September 2015

September is always the busiest month for me, and this year was no exception. I had to finish my teaching placements, host a joint party with my sister for our birthdays, celebrate my actual birthday a week later, and hand in a tear-stained package of assignments. It was a hectic month, and so I took some time out here and there to buy some books. You know, because retail therapy is an actual thing, and it's even better when you're buying books!

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins

I read the Sweet Trilogy over a year ago on my Kindle, and absolutely loved it, so when Sweet Temptation was released this month, I couldn't resist but to purchase the whole series in paperback. When it's a series I really enjoy, I don't mind having multiple copies :)

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
The Messenger by Markus Zusak

I purchased these books on my birthday, stopping off at the book shop on my way home from uni. I went into the store with the intention of picking up the newly-released Dumplin', but came away with an armful of extras!

Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
East of West, Volume 1 by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta
Hello, Goodby and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

And then finally a few extras that I couldn't resist purchasing. I'm really looking forward to continuing Saga, and I love that my collection of Jennifer E. Smith books are so bright and colourful!

Birthday Book Haul

All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I also received a few books as gifts for my birthday, which was completely unexpected yet oh so wonderful :)


I hope this month was a productive month for you too, whether it was buying books or reading them or finding the time to finish your assignments!

No comments:

Post a Comment