Sunday 2 August 2015

BOOKTUBE-A-THON 2015: My TBR!

So I have no intention of ever creating a YouTube channel for myself, but holy smokes I enjoy watching everyone else's vlogs in the booktube community. And so for that reason alone, I have decided that I will attempt to participate in the read-a-thon this year!

The Booktube-A-Thon, in particular, has seven reading challenges that we all aim to complete by the end of the week. And although I am working four of those days and going to uni for another two, I hope to find the time to complete most of the challenges in time! The challenges obviously form the basis for my TBR list, and give participants an opportunity to choose a multitude of different books they might not otherwise read.


And so, my TBR for the Booktube-A-Thon is...

Ms. Marvel, Volume 2: Generation Why

by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona and Jacob Wyatt

Graphic novels and comics are the best things to read during read-a-thons, because they're quick to read and easily build up your read count. I read Volume 1 of this series last month, and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to pick up this volume!

This will satisfy Challenge #1, to read a book with blue on the cover.

Night of Cake and Puppets

by Laini Taylor

Novellas are also perfect for read-a-thons, because they're short and sweet. This one in paricular has been sitting on my Kindle for many months now, so it's high time I finally read it!

This will satisfy Challenge #2, to read a book whose author's surname has the same initial as my own surname.

I'll Give You the Sun

by Jandy Nelson

This book has been sitting on my shelf for far too long, so I'm hoping to get through this one in the Booktube-A-Thon. I've heard great things about this book, so hopefully I can enjoy it too!

This will satisfy Challenge #3, to read someone else's favourite book. This was Whitney's favourite book of 2014.

Risk

by Fleur Ferris

This is a new release, and one I'm so excited to read. I don't read enough Australian literature, and I hope to remedy that with this book and a number of others that I've recently ordered. This book is also the first read of the new Aussie Bloggers Book Club.

This will satisfy Challenge #4, to read the last book I acquired.

Ms. Marvel, Volume 3: Crushed

by G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa and Elmo Bondoc

Hopefully I'll still be in love with this series to read the third volume during the read-a-thon. It will be a guaranteed fast-read, either way!

This will satisfy Challenge #5, to read a book without letting go of it.

We Were Liars

by E. Lockhart

I've already read this book - it was one of my favourites of 2014 - but lately I've been really wanting to re-read it with a fresh mind and different perspectives. It was a quick read last time, and so hopefully it will be even quicker as a re-read.

This will satisfy Challenge #6, to read a book that I really want to read.


As for Challenge #7, to read seven books, I haven't chosen a seventh book at this stage. I'm aiming to get through the other six books I've listed first, and if I have time I will try to complete this challenge. I'm leaving it up to my mood at the time as to what I will want to read. The only book I have in mind at the moment is Love and Always by Sophie Jackson, but I'll wait and see where the read-a-thon takes me!




Having this list now makes me think that I will never be able to finish them all in one week... but I'm going to try my hardest!

Will you be participating in the Booktube-A-Thon? Which books are on your TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment