Saturday 30 May 2015

Hello and Welcome!

Today I am launching my brand new blog, which I have creatively titled A Blog of Books and Novels. This will be my next attempt at book blogging.

Prior to this blog, I have been running a sideblog on Tumblr, Exclusively Books. Tumblr, however, is not a great platform for the type of blogging I want to achieve. There is nowhere for comments, posts get lost in people's overcrowded dashboard, and searching for reviews only brings you beautiful artwork filled with spoilers.

I'm not sure how Blogger fares against Tumblr, but Blogger seems to be where most book bloggers are at, so I'm taking the plunge and joining them.

I have a few ideas as to what I want to achieve with this blog, but I'm not setting anything in stone just yet. I'm going to see where it takes me, and just have some fun with it along the way. Of course, I want to post my book reviews and discussions. I'll probably rewrite and repost some of my Tumblr content here, so look forward to that. I'm also wanting to start a series where I read books from school reading lists, and post a general review without having to analyse it. I think it will be fun, and a non-pressured way to read some books that are widely regarded as some of the best works of literature of all time. Other than that, I'll probably join in with some fun memes here and there, such as Top 5 Wednesday which I already paricipate in (albeit irregularly) on Tumblr.

As for me, I'm a 20-year-old pre-service teacher from Melbourne. I will graduate from my B.A. & B.Ed. degrees at the end of 2017, and hopefully move into a long, fulfilling career as a secondary teacher. It has been my dream since a child to be a teacher, and it's wonderful to be so close to achieving that goal.

I love to read, and I mostly read young-adult with some new-adult thrown into the mix for good measure. I'm a sucker for contemporaries and dystopian, but I'll read just about anything these days. I take all and any recommendations with good faith, and I'll always spill the truth on the books I read, whether I loved or hated them.

When I'm reading, I'm pretty active on Goodreads. When I'm procrastinating, I'm pretty active on my personal Tumblr blog. Feel free to follow me on either of those platforms, or just stick around for the fun and amazing ride that is bound to be happening on this blog in the near future.

Until then, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment